Specification: ▪ The successful candidate would be primarily responsible to the Project
Director for overall management and execution of a mega-scale
government-sponsored science & technology project involving multiple
public and private sector organizations. His / her duties include
coordinating and implementing the scope of the technology intensive
project components under a distributed execution model while ensuring
adherence of stringent time, budget, HR, and equipment constraints. His
duties also include the following:-
▪ Budgeting, planning, supervising, monitoring, executing, and
coordinating the project to ensure its results are in accordance with the
approved Project Documents, Annual Work Plan/ Cash Plan and the rules
and procedures established by the sponsoring organization and relevant
▪ Drafting documents (presentations, reports, appraisals) for leadership,
project sponsors, and steering committee of the technology intensive
project as per relevant national procedures.
▪ Preparation, vetting, and getting approvals with the help of legal and other
relevant specialists of technical and legal documents including Terms of
Reference, Technical Scrutiny Reports, Request for
Proposals/Quotations, within the Project’s scope and requirements for
national consultants and subcontractors in line with relevant procedures.
▪ Guide and coordinate with all stakeholders regarding progress of work
and oversee its compliance with the agreed work plan and terms of
▪ Keep regular contact with project teams, external experts, relevant
government authorities, consultants, and sponsoring agencies to ensure
that the project is executed as per its timelines and devise strategy to
mitigate any impediments.
▪ Ensure adequate and smooth information flow, discussions and feedback
among the various stakeholders of the project, liaise with institutes as
necessary and gather & disseminate information relevant to the project.
Deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication.
▪ Organize workshops, trainings, seminars, study tours, and meetings as
per project’s scope and requirements.
▪ Draft correspondence and documents; edit reports and other documents
for correctness of form and content.
▪ In addition to the basic technical management and thorough professional
knowledge of the relevant field (Radars / DSP etc.) sound financial
management skills to work with contract administrator to manage
financial and procurement related aspects of (supplies, services and
materials) of the contracts to protect organization interests and
simultaneously maintain good relationship with various external agencies
would be preferred.
▪ Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective
actions by maintaining an efficient and effective risk management /
▪ Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project and program team.
▪ Plan, execute, monitor and control all the project related aspects such as
project cost, schedule, quality, scope, risk, resources and data
▪ Plan coordinate and execute any additional responsibility assigned by PD
/ Dy PD related to any phase of the project as and when needed.
Qualification: Ph. D / MS in Electrical / Electronics / Equivalent (DSP / Radar etc)
with minimum CGPA of 3.0/4.0 from reputed national (HEC approved) or
Location of Job: Islamabad / Rawalpindi
▪ Sound professional knowledge with an advanced knowledge of relevant
tools to implement cutting edge technologies for project development.
Experience of using formal project management approaches / tools
(Agile, Primavera, MS Project, Redmine, Trello etc)
▪ Experience of working on technology projects (aerospace technology,
precision agriculture, AI, UAVs, IoT etc)
▪ Strong team leadership, project planning for results, strategic thinking,
relationship-building skills required and reflected through experience and
▪ Innovative thinking that leads to practical, effective delivery strategies to
accomplish project related technical activities, outputs, outcomes, and
▪ Proficient in Microsoft software applications.
▪ Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner and meet deadlines.
▪ Must be able to manage multiple tasks efficiently and have excellent
follow up skills both internally and externally.
▪ Must be professional and polished in appearance and speech with
excellent written and verbal communication skills.
▪ Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
▪ Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and
• Previous Experience
▪ Rich Project Management / Engineering Management experience of
technology intensive projects with proven record of planning and
managing processes and procedures of large-scale public sector funded
projects (Rs 1 Billion or higher) would be preferred.
▪ At least 05 years or more of relevant experience in development &
management / implementation of science & technology projects.
▪ Candidates with suitable project management degree / certification (MBA,
Engineering Management, PMP etc) would be preferred.
Employer did not specify.